The Bonnyville Pontiacs first home exhibition game is tonight against a brand new Alberta Junior Hockey League opponent.
The Pontiacs are playing host to the first-ever game against the Blackfalds Bulldogs to kick off the first of six exhibition games on Wednesday night.
The 30th season in Pontiacs history began with Main Camp last Thursday with 60 players arriving in Bonnyville. The Milton Romanchuk Cup saw the Regional Manager return to the rink to hand off his trophy to Team Light, who beat Team Dark 10-4.
“We were exceptionally pleased with the calibre of play during our camp,” said coach and general manager Rick Swan. “It was everything that we expected, as well as beyond what we expected, from players coming in to try and secure spots and our veteran players all taking a step over the summertime to make sure that they came in with the right mindset.”
- Blackfalds Bulldogs at Bonnyville Pontiacs | Wed, Sept. 1 | 7:00PM
- Bonnyville Pontiacs at Blackfalds Bulldogs | Fri, Sept. 3 | 7:00PM
- Lloydminster Bobcats at Bonnyville Pontiacs | Sun, Sept. 5 | 2:00PM
- Bonnyville Pontiacs at Lloydminster Bobcats | Tues, Sept. 7 | 7:30PM
- Drayton Valley Thunder at Bonnyville Pontiacs | Wed, Sept. 8 | 7:00PM
- Bonnyville Pontiacs at Drayton Valley Thunder | Fri, Sept. 10 | 7:00PM
“It’s going to be some tough decisions moving forward–for not only our roster in terms of who is going to be coming with us during the regular season and these exhibition games coming out of Main Camp will solidify those decisions. But from what we’ve seen as a staff, we’re exceptionally proud of the efforts that the players provided over the past six days,” said Swan.
Home games will be streamed on HockeyTV. Tickets are $5 for exhibition games, and free for season ticket holders.
The 30th regular season home opener is Friday, September 17 against the Lloydminster Bobcats.