The Bonnyville Pontiacs are looking for an Assistant Coach to fill an immediate vacancy.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma or equivalent work/professional development experience
- Strong communication, administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent work ethic and positive character
- Fiscal responsibility – ability to manage and maintain budgets
- Head Coach, Assistant Coach or relevant experience at the AAA, Junior, College or Pro levels
- Goaltender knowledge and experience is considered an asset
- Experience playing at higher levels is an asset
- Skills instruction background is a requirement
- Hockey Canada qualifications: High Performance (HP1), Checking Skills, Respect in Sport
- Positive, professional and possess strong listening, written and verbal communications skills
- Team player who can thrive in an inclusive, close staff environment
- Ability to build positive relationships with your team and their families, as well as your colleagues
- Proactive, organized and prepared with flexibility to adapt your plans as needed, to ensure the needs of your athletes and the goals of the organization are being met
- Approachable and supportive
- Coachable and accepting of guidance from Hockey Operations staff
- Strong computer skills and experience working with Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Steva Game System video and In-Stat editing and can pull together player footage – not only for review and coaching purposes but also to help our athletes looking to move to the next level
- Criminal record check and vulnerable persons check required
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the head coach in all aspects of coaching, such as practice preparation, game preparation, strategy, and game day duties
- Recruitment of prospective athletes
- Academic monitoring of student-athletes
- Assist with the team strength training program
- Conducting team and individual video sessions with the Head Coach
- Assisting with community relations events,business related tasks and other duties as assigned by the head coach
- Adherence to the philosophy, goals and mission of the Bonnyville Pontiacs organization
- Must be willing to re-locate to Bonnyville
The Bonnyville Pontiacs is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and the contact information for three references to Rick Swan, Head Coach and General Manager – Bonnyville Junior ‘A’ Pontiacs. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Compensation will be dependant on experience.
Review of applications will begin immediately by the Hockey Operations staff and will continue until the position is filled.