On January 15th Coach MERCIER and Coach SWAN conducted a “hot stove” session with minor hockey coaches from the Bonnyville Minor Hockey Association. Topics included:
- The Importance of Skill Development on and off the ice at all levels.
- Coaching to “Develop” versus Coaching to Win.
- The role of the minor hockey coach.
- The coaches obligation to “develop both the player and the person.”
- Improving Skills through the “Concept of Deliberate Practice.”
- Importance of utilizing “off-ice” for Skill Development.
- Principles of Practice Organization – the “5 M's.”
- Principles of Practice Planning.
- Success Hints for a Great Season.