Players will be notified of logistics relating to our upcoming Top Prospects Camp on or before April 20th.
We would like to thank every single player that showed interest in attending our camp and we were overwhelmed with the number of registrations received.
It was extremely important for us to stay with our mandate to keep our camp to a maximum of six teams so that meaningful feedback and attention can be supplied to every single player participating.
Associate Coach / Assistant General Manager Larry DRAPER will be providing all registered players attending with notification on or before Wednesday April 20th. Players who were unfortunately not successful due to restrictions on the number of registrations we have received will be contacted prior to April 20th. The schedule for the Top Prospects Weekend will be available on the PONTIACS website to all players on May 11th, 2016.
The Top Prospects Camp will allow us to identify the best candidates that possess both ability and character to be a part of one of the best Junior 'A' organizations in the country.
At the Top Prospects camp our staff will set the schedule up with ample time to spend with every player to give them meaningful feedback on their performance as a well as identify players for our Main Camp in August for the 2016/17 season.
We are coming of a great year which marked many franchise records:
– Most regular season wins (40)
– Most points in a regular season (89)
– Least number of losses in a regular season (11)
– Highest winning percentage (.745)
– Third most team goals (245)
– Third least goals against (163)
– Nominated for four league AJHL awards (MVP, Most Outstanding Defenseman, Most Dedicated Player and Coach of the Year)
– Three league AJHL award winners (MVP – Bobby McMANN / Most Outstanding Defenseman – Brinson PASICHNUK / Coach of the Year – Rick SWAN)
– 5 weeks in a row CJHL Top Honorable Mention
– 27 players since 2014 moving on to the College level to continue their hockey and academic careers
Our players were involved in over 1400 hours of Community Service initiatives and volunteering (3000 hours in the past two years) as well.
The upcoming season is our 25th Anniversary and we are looking to continue to take steps in the right direction towards pursuing a championship.
If you require further information on the Bonnyville PONTIACS please check out our Team Website or contact Assistant General Manager and Associate Coach Larry DRAPER firstname.lastname@example.org (780-826-2893) or our Director of Player Personnel Jeff Tetz at email@example.com.