The Bonnyville PONTIACS have been busy so far this year involved in our Bonnyville community.
- C-School program out of the Centennial Centre. The Bonnyville Pontiac players participate in an on-ice session with the students that come to participate in C-School as well as do an off-ice training session and/or interview with the students. This is a real highlight for the students that come to C-School. The PONTIACS participate in the C-School every week acting as mentors and role models. As a quick background: C-School now operates for students/classes in grades 3 and 6. Their home room teachers bring each class to the C2 Center for 4 consecutive days where they do all kinds of activities around the building as well as some experiential learning (measuring columns, looking at Simple Machines in the gym, etc.). It involves both the public and Catholic school board and extends as far as having groups from Cold Lake come to visit.
- Lakeland Friends of Stars and the Bonnyville Royal Canadian Legion came together for the first ever Dancing Under the Stars Gala at the Centennial Centre’s Field House.
- Fight for 15 month old Ariel BROWATZKE is faced with.
- Moose Lake Dock Removal
- Bonnyville Hospital Extended Care senior visits.
- Bonnyville and District Recreation Bingo volunteering.
- John BORDERS funeral.
- Bonnyville Minor Hockey.
Upcoming for the PONTIACS:
- Kids Sport Fun Skate.
- Boys and Girls Club.
- Duclos School Literacy Program.
- Bonnyville Library Learning Council.
- CNLR Anti-bullying Program.
- Bonnyville Health Foundation.