The Bonnyville Jr A Pontiacs are seeking an Athletic Therapist/Equipment Manager for the 2023/24 AJHL Season.
The Bonnyville Jr A Pontiacs are looking for a motivated individual to fill the role of Athletic Therapist/ Equipment Manager. The Pontiacs have been a member of the Alberta Junior Hockey League for the past 31 seasons.
This is a fast-paced work environment that encourages equal opportunity and is teamwork oriented. The successful applicant will report to the Head Coach and General Managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Athletic Therapist/Equipment manager is responsible for managing all injury related needs of the athletes such as assessment, treatment (or co-ordination of), documentation, injury reporting and maintaining relationships with other local health care professionals.
They will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the medical and equipment rooms, and managing inventory within a set budget.
Coordination of injury treatment with the strength and conditioning needs of the athletes. Manage all hockey equipment needs such as fitting, maintenance (skate sharpening, repair) and inventory.
Responsible for the coordination of dressing room and laundry duties. Must work closely with the coaching staff with respect to day-to-day operations and affairs of the hockey club.
Presence at team practices, pre-season camps and all games is a requirement while keeping the safety of all players and staff of the utmost priority.
- Athletic Therapist certification
- Hockey Canada safety person, respect in sport
- Standard First Aid/ First Responder
- Will also consider candidates with the following qualifications
- Massage therapist
- Medical Doctor
- Emergency Medical Responder/PCP-ACP
- Kinesiology/Human Performance Degree
- Works well in a team setting and good decision-making skills
- Experience in Hockey, skate sharpening and equipment
- Good organizational and time management skills
Compensation will be based on experience.
Anyone interested in the position please send a detailed resume and references to Neil Langridge at email@example.com